As Washington takes up the mantle of tax reform, Friedman LLP proudly releases a timely study featuring insights gleaned from a broad-based web survey of more than 480 business leaders on their reactions to proposed tax changes. This exclusive report, developed by Friedman, breaks down the survey results into 6 key findings that taxpayers should be aware of in 2017 and beyond.
Here's what our findings reveal:
- Business leaders favor sweeping tax reform proposals, with some hesitancy towards international proposals.
- A majority of businesses would offer the same or more health benefits if ACA repealed.
- Companies using independent contractors may be at risk for taxes and penalties.
- Questions loom over the net benefit of international tax proposals.
- Businesses selling online are not prepared for states’ broader interpretations of economic nexus.
- Businesses would likely alter their entity structure and finance models based upon tax changes.
Should you have any questions or concerns about your particular situation, contact a Friedman advisor.