With COVID-19 and rising costs-of-living prompting unprecedented changes in residency and the way we do business, it’s also created a host of opportunities and challenges from a tax planning perspective.
Join Friedman's State & Local Tax (SALT) experts for this timely and informative webinar covering:
- State rules and definitions of domicile and residency
- Factors of severing and establishing residency in a new state
- Documentation and record-keeping requirements
- Identifying potential planning opportunities in changing in one’s residency
- Evaluating the risks and rewards of moving
- Understanding the steps and processes in successfully changing residency
- Income tax saving opportunities
- Potential for business credits and incentives opportunities, if relocating a business
Who should attend?
Anyone who has recently moved or is considering a move, particularly high net-worth individuals, business owners and executive officers.