The opportunities in real estate development are extraordinary, but complex and not without risk. Friedman LLP’s Real Estate Services team brings almost a century of experience working on complicated transactions for many of the nation’s most well-known owners and developers. We’ll help you avoid pitfalls and maximize the outcomes of your transactions.
Friedman focuses on the operational, tax and financial issues, so you can focus on your deals and running your business. Whatever your real estate needs may be – from reducing taxable income and meeting financial and tax deadlines, to conforming with tenant obligations, determining and verifying partner income allocations and more – our skilled and dedicated advisors can assist with a comprehensive suite of audit, tax and consulting services.
Our ground-breaking differences:
- Deep understanding of the operational, tax and financial issues involved in complex transactions enables us to structure them effectively—helping you maximize your investment.
- Insider’s knowledge of the day-to-day issues of running a real estate business, giving us insight into your challenges.
- More than eight decades advising owners and developers involved in a wide spectrum of properties—spanning affordable housing, multifamily, commercial, industrial and more.
- Intangible yet crucial benefits that include partner and senior-level engagement, frequent communication, and timely information and resources delivered to you throughout the year.
Develop the groundwork for financial success today—connect with a member of the Real Estate Services team, or contact us.
In addition to our core accounting, audit and tax services, we provide unique offerings customized to our real estate clients’ specific needs. They include:
- Deal structuring
- Low-income and historical tax credits
- Pre- and post-acquisition services, including:
- Due diligence
- Compliance monitoring during and post-completion
- Rollups and UPREITS
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Governance, risk and compliance consulting
International Tax Services:
- Advising inbound clients on:
- Investment structuring
- Pass-through and blocker structures
- Estate tax exposures in the U.S.
- Consulting to outbound investors on:
- Transaction structuring
- Controlled foreign corporation rules
- Passive foreign investment company regulations
- Foreign tax credits
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions, including Global Intangible Low Taxed Income (GILTI)
- Optimizing structures, including:
- New earnings stripping laws
- Sheltering interest payments under the portfolio exception and/or treaty relief
- Assisting with tax compliance and reporting:
- U.S. federal, state and local income tax returns
- U.S. global information reporting
- U.S. source withholding tax remittance and reporting
- Foreign bank account reporting of foreign financial assets for U.S. residents
- Coordinating with local legal counsel as well as local tax and other advisors, as needed, to develop and implement an integrated cross-border solution
- Business operations evaluation and strategic planning
- Cash flow analysis and management
- Cost certification
- Internal controls assessment
- Forecasts, projections and budgets
- Lease abstracting
- Estate planning and generational transfers
- Liquidation planning
- Property dispositions
- Tax-free exchanges – Sections 1031 and 1033
- Workouts and reorganizations
- Expert testimony
Other Advisory Services:
- Qualified Opportunity Zone consulting
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) implementation
- Information systems consulting
- Partnership and shareholder agreement review
- SEC reporting
- Special project teams for outsourcing
- Special purpose audits
- Appraisal services
- Cost segregation and maximizing depreciation
- Lease review, structuring, restructuring
- Loan and mortgage review