Real estate investment trusts (REITs) are unique among real estate organizations. You need sophisticated tax and accounting strategies to steer you through an array of complex regulatory requirements and federal and state tax obligations.
Friedman LLP’s REIT Accounting Services team offers concentrated knowledge, deep experience and a high-touch service approach to help you stay compliant, now and in the future. Combining state-of-the-art solutions that incorporate audit, tax and advisory services, we bring you:
- Specialized expertise in the intricacies of REIT-specific IRS rules and regulations, including meeting operational and organizational requirements to avoid costly penalties or REIT disqualification
- Decades of service to all segments of the real estate sector—commercial, multifamily, industrial and retail
- Advance knowledge of regulatory and tax changes to help you proactively manage the potential impact on your organization
- Cross-functional teams that help you with a wide array of needs, including corporate formation and structuring, acquisition due diligence, federal and state tax planning, REIT conversion and privatization, international transactions, and more
- Personalized service from partners and senior-level staff who stay proactively involved in your engagement
- Stability and continuity throughout the ranks of your engagement team
Structure your REIT for long-term success—connect with a member of the REIT Services team, or contact us.