On May 1, Adnan Islam was admitted by the State Bar of California as a certified specialist in the field of Taxation Law.
The State Bar Legal Specialization program enables professionals with preeminent capabilities and deep experience in particular areas of law to qualify their expertise by earning the designation of certified specialist.
The program requires that individuals:
- Pass written exams germane to their area of specialty.
- Have five year of continuous experience practicing, or have devoted at least 25 percent of their professional efforts to work in this area
- Complete continuing education in the specialty area in excess of requirements for general bar licensees
- Demonstrate experience and broad competency in the area
- Obtain favorable evaluations from peers (including judges and attorneys) familiar with the individual’s relevant work