On Feb. 10, Friedman announced a new plan to match the charitable donations made by employees using funds raised internally from vending machine sales. The firm will match donations of up to $100 per charity, per quarter. Based on past vending machine sales records, the value of Friedman’s donations could exceed $1,500 per month.
The donation matching program is the latest Friedman Gives Back program. Friedman Gives Back is the firm’s employee-inspired giving initiative which directs volunteer and fundraising efforts to those charities that Friedman employees already support personally. In the case of the quarterly donation matching program, Friedman employees are invited to nominate charities to receive donation matching support each month.
Other recent Friedman Gives Back projects include:
- A first-of-its-kind “Brave the Shave” charity event raising $70,000 to benefit Samaritan Healthcare and Hospice, the Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation and the Johnny M Foundation.
- A Cycle for Survival event raising more than $4,000 to support research efforts at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- An NJCPA food drive collecting donations of nonperishable items for members of the East Hanover and greater New Jersey community in need.
- A toy drive, across offices, delivering holiday presents to underserved children.
- The Philadelphia office’s participation in Cradles to Crayon’s Backpack-A-Thon, in which a Friedman team packed backpacks with school supplies for disadvantaged students across Pennsylvania.