For businesses operating across multiple states, it’s critical to understand the impact of complex apportionment rules on your overall tax liability. With various state compliance rules on apportionment and lack of uniformity, many taxpayers over or under report their state tax liabilities—exposing them to potentially significant penalties.
Friedman’s dedicated State and Local Tax experts will present a deep dive into the complexities of state tax apportionment by analyzing trends in state apportionment and economic nexus and addressing the recent New York State draft regulations regarding apportionment. This webinar offers insights to help you:
- Navigate your multistate tax nexus, applicable compliance rules and overlapping state obligations
- Understand service revenue sourcing methodologies and their interaction with state tax nexus
- Learn ways to source income to generate or increase "nowhere income"
Plan around throwback rules
Access our other State and Local Tax webinars below:
- Unraveling Wayfair One Year Later
- Maximize Your Tax Position: Commercial Rent and Transfer Tax Changes
- Unclaimed Property: Reduce Your Company's Financial and Operational Exposure
- Changing Your Domicile for Tax Purposes: Avoid Harsh Penalties
- What the Wayfair Ruling on Sales Tax Means for Out-of-State Sellers