Prior to joining Friedman, Christian worked for a large national firm where he served as the subject matter expert for California corporation income and franchise tax. Over the course of his career, Christian has served clients in a wide range of industries, including consumer and industrial products, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and information technology, among others.
Christian also sits as an adjunct faculty member with California State University, Fullerton, where he teaches State and Local Taxation as part of the University’s Masters of Science in Taxation (“MST”) program.
His expertise includes:
- Managing all aspects of state and local corporate income/franchise tax compliance for businesses and individuals
- Identifying tax minimization strategies through nexus and apportionment analyses
- Performing ASC 740 and ASC 450 reviews
- Drafting tax opinions on multi-state income/franchise and sales and use tax issues
- Representing business and individual clients during state tax audits, as well as before state tax tribunals in the course of administrative appeals procedures
- Advising clients on legal entity optimization strategies from a state and local tax perspective
- Performing comprehensive buy-side and sell-side diligence reviews to ensure accuracy of state tax positions for both income/franchise and indirect taxes
- The State Bar of California
- United State Tax Court
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Member of the Institute for Professional Taxation