He specializes in cross-border strategies, comprehensive inbound (into U.S.) tax services, global information reporting, and outbound U.S. tax planning, structuring, and optimization of effective tax rates. He has advised U.S.-based and inbound companies within the technology, telecom, pharmaceutical/life sciences, PE/alternative investments, manufacturing and distribution, and professional services sectors.
His experience includes:
- Advising companies, owners, and fund partners to optimize their tax structures and maintain compliance as they navigate the blockchain and cryptocurrency spaces
- Managing international tax analyses within various jurisdictions including: Canada, UK, Switzerland, Netherlands, Malta, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Cyprus, Germany, Ireland and Mexico
- Advising on cross-border reorganizations including mergers, acquisitions and liquidations
- Providing guidance to inbound companies with respect to their expansion into and growth within the US, including advising on capitalization, choice of entity, dispositions of US real estate (FIRPTA), withholding tax, and foreign partner tax issues.
- Coordinating and corresponding with affiliate partners in local countries and technical branches of the IRS/Treasury
- Researching and analyzing technical international tax positions with respect to the TCJA, Cares Act, subpart F, GILTI, 245A DRD, 962 election, FDII, IRS private letter rulings (PLRs), international tax controversy and delinquent filings
- Licensed attorney admitted to practice law in New Jersey, Washington, D.C. and California
- Certified Public Accountant (licensed CPA in NY and CA)
- Certified Taxation Law Specialist (State Bar of California)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Enrolled Agent (EA), authorized to practice before the IRS
- Blockchain Technologies certification, MIT
- ProVisors, Group Leader of NYC1 group