Business interruptions and the onset of unexpected circumstances are inevitable. Nothing demonstrates this more forcibly than the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused substantial and likely sustained business income loss on a catastrophic and unprecedented scale. Partnering with the right team of forensic accountants to file a complex business interruption claim can help you reclaim control and potentially recover some or all of these losses during this challenging time.
Our experts can effectively communicate the basis for your claim calculations with your insurance carriers to move claims forward—giving you time to focus on rebuilding, restoring and advancing your business. Regardless what your needs are, you may benefit from our personalized approach to client service in the following ways:
- Hands-on Attention. Clients come to us for hope and stability in times of flux. Our staff of more than 30 full-time advisors will treat your business like it’s their own through constant communication and a passion for keeping your professional goals at the forefront.
- Persistent Representation. Our advisors have first-hand experience navigating clients through business losses associated with massive catastrophes, from devastating fires to Hurricane Sandy. We will counsel with persistence and empathy and do everything in our power to help you recover the full extent of your lost income.
- Accredited Advisors. In addition to being CPAs, we are also forensic accountants, fraud examiners, former law enforcement agents and business and intangible asset valuation experts.
For more information about how we can help alleviate your stress when dealing with insurance carriers, please contact a Friedman advisor. We stand ready to assist you at every step of the process.
When clients hire us to quantify a business interruption loss, we draw from the expertise of Friedman’s robust forensic accounting, litigation support and valuation services practice. You will benefit from advisors who are adept in:
- Calculating damages solely attributable to the incident to help ensure that you receive the full extent of recovery funds available to you
- Reviewing your company’s operational and financial records to assist you with the claims process
- Interviewing key management, staff, suppliers and customers in order to fully understand the unique nature and complexity of your business
- Analyzing industry data to determine the event’s effect on your business’s profit
- Performing a comparative analysis of your company’s projected performance to its actual performance before and during the period of restoration
- Examining non-loss related events and conditions that may have affected actual sales during the impacted period
- Providing ongoing consulting services to assist with negotiations and expert witness testimony, when necessary
- Monitoring legislation that would negate policy limitations on COVID-19 related claims as carriers may challenge your business’s right to file such a claim