A divorce brings unique financial considerations to the forefront. Together with legal counsel, Friedman’s Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support and Valuation Services (FLVS) team will bring you the financial information you need to identify and resolve issues while developing a mutually agreeable settlement. We do so with the empathy and professionalism you need and deserve.
The value that our forensic accountants and valuation experts bring to the table will become quickly evident:
- As part of your litigation team, we will help you identify, locate and quantify the undisclosed assets and hidden income critical to determining each party’s financial position.
- Our experts will provide you with more than just numbers on a page; we provide valuable insight into what those numbers mean and how they might impact your divorce settlement.
- Our professionals possess the most highly regarded forensic accounting credentials — Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Our professionals hold the most highly regarded business and intangible asset valuation credentials - Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA).
- As Certified Public Accountants, we provide sophisticated accounting and tax expertise.
- Friedman is highly regarded by the Family Law Sections of various State Bar Associations and the American Bar Associations, as well as the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- We will help you analyze the financial aspects of marital or property settlement, as well as pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- In the event that you are unable to reach a settlement, our experienced professionals will provide expert witness testimony to communicate our findings.
No two marriages and no two divorces are alike. Regardless of your situation, we quickly identify issues and tailor our analyses to provide you with the information you need in a timely fashion. Our services for divorce include:
- Asset tracing
- Forensic accounting
- Business and intangible asset valuation
- Critique of opposing financial expert report
- Economic benefit analysis
- Lifestyle analysis
- Preparation of marital balance sheet
- Stock-based compensation analysis
- Review of marital or property settlement, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Expert testimony and trial assistance
If you (or your client) are facing a divorce or other matrimonial dispute, get the support you deserve with Friedman on your team. For further information, contact us or a member of the FLVS team.