When you need experience on your side in complex securities, class action and accounting and auditing standards litigation, turn with confidence to Friedman.
For more than 35 years, our professionals have provided expert witness testimony, as well as accounting and auditing-related consulting services, in some of the largest class action securities litigation and accounting and auditing standards cases in history, including:
- In re WorldCom, Inc. Securities Litigation
- In re Waste Management, Inc. Securities Litigation
- In re Petrobras Securities Litigation
- In re Tyco International Ltd. Securities Litigation
- In re Sunbeam Securities Litigation
- In re AOL-Time Warner, Inc. Securities and “ERISA” Litigation
- In re Adelphia Communications Corporation Securities Litigation
- In re Household International Inc., et al.
- Investigations into Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and related feeder investment funds
Our professionals also served as accounting and auditing experts in a number of matters involving some of the most prominent banks and financial institutions, and their auditors, during the financial crisis of 2007-2008. This included litigation involving the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the world’s largest investment banks that held significant concentrations of mortgage-backed securities.
What does our experience mean for you? Peace of mind. Comfort. Confidence.
Our involvement in historically significant securities and class action litigation is a testament to the unrivaled expertise you can count on from Friedman. When litigating complex cases involving the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), PCAOB Standards and SEC Rules and Regulations, law firms, state Attorneys General, the SEC, the DOJ and other governmental agencies rely upon Friedman’s litigation support and forensic accounting experts for many reasons:
- Keen ability to distill complicated rules and standards into an understandable form for courts and juries
- Unwavering dedication to preparation and timeliness, ensuring court deadlines are met
- Distinguished proficiency in the application of GAAP, GAAS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Stellar national reputation in the legal community, built over 35 years
- Specialized certifications in fraud examinations (CFEs) and financial forensics (CFFs)
Few firms in the country can match the thoroughness, responsiveness and quality of Friedman’s services in these sensitive matters. Should you have a need for experts in securities and class action litigation, please contact us.